2014年8月10日星期日

VAS 5054A troubleshoot Audil A6L engine noise at Idle

Car information: an Audi A6L car with 16,000km on it.
Trouble: engine noise at Idle
Troubleshoot Steps:
1. Open the cover of engine, and hear “grunt” sound from the rear engine at idle. Use 
VAS 5054AA to diagnose and found no trouble codes.
2. Search TPI and no related files about this trouble.
3. At idle clear KAKA sound made, close to the left side of the timing chain in the rear of engine. Lift up the car and hear the sound from the connection between the rear engine and gearbox. 
VAS 5054A is compose of 4 timing chains, the sound may be from one of chains drive.
4. Remove engine, my previous experience told me the sound from one of Cam Tensioners at the left side or right side, then I mainly check the two ones and found the right side of Tensioner make KaKa sound when return back, then I replace one new.
5. Put back the engine and the trouble not disappear, and then I carefully analyze and judge the sound from the chains. I remove the engine again, completely open the cover of rear chains, carefully check every parts, find the center Camshaft drive chain tensioner get loose, after compared with the new parts, I find this car lost one part.

没有评论:

发表评论